Based in LA,CA
July 1st 2014
MOUNTAIN is an ambient procedural mountain simulator.
This game was first previewed at E3 on June 12th, 2014 - at MOCA Los Angeles, as part of Venus Patrol's HORIZON event. It was released on July 1st on Humble + the Apple app store, in conjunction with Double Fine Presents. Within 24 hours it climbed to #5 most popular paid app in North America and #1 paid Role Playing game in 33 countries. The game is not yet available on Steam or Android, though both platforms will likely be accommodated in the future.
- no controls
- automatic save
- audio on/off switch
- time moves forward
- things grow and things die
- nature expresses itself
- ~ 50 hours of gameplay
- once generated, you cannot be regenerated
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for MOUNTAIN. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
- "Mountain breaks the mold of video games."
- Ian Bogost, The Atlantic
- "Nothing You Do Matters in This Game, But You’ll Still Obsess Over It."
- Bo Moore, WIRED
- "At the beginning of the game, I find the idea cute. By the end, I am hypnotized."
- Carolina A. Miranda, LA Times
- "Welcome to an existential nightmare."
- Patrick Klepek, Giant Bomb
- "The time I spend with Mountain feels slightly more real to me than anything else inside my computer."
- Leigh Alexander, Gamasutra
- "“Mountain” upends expectations, refusing to fit into preexisting categories."
- Justin Cone, Motionographer
- "I don’t like to talk emotions but this game genuinely is so uplifting."
- Alice O'Connor, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "The only experience that has ever made me feel sad about a geological phenomenon."
- Andrew Webster, The Verge
About David OReilly
More information on David OReilly, our logo & relevant media are available here.